Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Friday, February 11, 2005

just when you thought it was safe to flush...

The revelation hit me like a drunk hick attacks his wife after pay-cheque Friday drinks... I was at the Gilb's friend's house, watching the cricket quite innocently, when we turned to that all-time favourite conversation topic - poo. Fred announced that he can always tell the gender of the person who took a dump by looking at the poo's shape. "What? How?" I exclaimed. And then he told me an all-time truth that I'd never thought about. and now, i just can't stop thinking about it. I'm thinking of emailing New Scientist to answer the question for me. Which is: why do guys go to the loo daily, but women don't? we eat the same food - in fact, women probably eat far more roughage than men what with all our dieting fruit and veggies. and, the frequency of our pooing ahs allowed Fred to sex the poo's maker - "men's poo just looks like a string that comes out, but a woman's poo looks stodgy and compressed, like it's been bursting to bust out of her a-hole". charming, but true. any genius input from bloggers out there?

6 Comments:

At 4:44 pm, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Oh my God. Shut up?! How can he gentrify or stereotype a gender according to a dump they took? No WAY. I totally disagree, and I have to wonder if he is not one of those...cacophonists, you know One Who is Obssessed with shit? Does he study stools? Most people's change, and surely he has had the runs and constipation before?

Classic. Who is this person? Have I met him?

 
At 7:39 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Thanks for the insight B, and for presenting more questions than you can answer, Peas...
No, he's not a scatophile (i believe is the correct terminology), just... observant, i guess? the gilb and I discussed the topic at some length over valentine's dinner (oh, the the romance!), and we determined than mine are shorter than his, and perhaps less uniform in shape... also, he poos like clockwork, and with me, it's just at the most inconvenient time of any arb day.

 
At 3:39 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

do NOT ask where i got this link, but on the subject of poo, visit this site if you haven't already done so:
www.tubgirl.com
warning: make sure no-one else can see your screen as the image downloads. a scatophile's heaven!oh, and eeu! gross!

 
At 2:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm female and poo every morning, I don't think it's true to say that guys crap every day and girls don't. Also, why do people look at their shit?!?!?? I have never ever not once in my life looked, and neither has my sister or best friend. Yuck.

 
At 2:50 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Anon - maybe that's the difference between girls and boys and pooing, then? they look, we don't. As for the pooing every day thing, I'm not in that category. Most girls I know aren't in that category. So who knows?

 
At 2:50 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Anon - maybe that's the difference between girls and boys and pooing, then? they look, we don't. As for the pooing every day thing, I'm not in that category. Most girls I know aren't in that category. So who knows?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites