Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Men, the root of all troubles

Had a chilled(ish) weekend in Mbona Lodge, Natal Midlands, with a couple of good folks, the only other lady and I returned on Sunday afternoon, leaving the three men behind for an extra day, who should returned yesterday after whatever stupid antics men do on their own while stranded in the outdoors (soggy Marie? Re-enactments of Jackass?)

I’m still trying to digest the substantial portion of pig I guzzled on Friday night – once again, it descended into a contest between me and … myself, actually, to ensure I ate the whole thing, hungry or really, really not. It’s all that damn bolshy ex’s fault, I tell you. Saturday consisted of splendid lunch at La Lampara, the doc’s favourite Midlands haunt, followed by two brimful-glasses of Jamesons, and a lengthy yelling session with the ex (quite normal, really), except this time I ended up in tears (could it be the booze? Or do I hate not being able to convince the opposition of my faultless correctness on all issues?) And to think the whole thing started because he said “The main thing that will determine the success or failure of 2010 will be AIDS.” I’m sure you can see that it would have been impossible to let that brazen, fact-less comment slide.

Then, of course, the Gilb wisely dragged me to bed, but unwisely decided to continue the argument by backing Don. More tears, more yelling, then a bizarre attempt from me to turn it into sex (at 2am, both drunk and tired, just not a good idea, but rather amusing at the time – for both of us, I think).

Sunday was milder, given the tender stomachs and heads. The drama did pick up a bit with the revelation by a friend that his ex – who had run off with someone else before the relationship had come to an end – had just told him he wants to marry him (without ever having given the proper apology deserved). Some people have just way too much fricking nerve for their own good, I tell you.

Now, back in the office, the drama continues. Another friend is going completely off the wall with despair – again, the results of male behaviour. Ladies, and men of a certain disposition, keep your heads about you – men mean misery, trouble, pain, confusion! Sometimes a kiss and cuddle, but boy, do you pay…

6 Comments:

At 9:35 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Thank you TWA. And for the post below.

But without men we would surely die of sex dehydration. How, oh how, will we ever find a balance??

 
At 11:10 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

If we had the answer to that question, all the world's troubles would end. Till that time, we'll have to be reigned by the penis, eh?

 
At 9:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who, pray tell, is your ex?

 
At 9:03 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

greg dear, are you addressing lauren or I?

If me, it's my ex. I broke it off about 6 weeks ago.

 
At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no no, the ant's ex. putting aside past, uh, "lovers", there have been no exes, besides possibly yours truly. my interest is piqued. perhaps it's just a different definition of ex?

 
At 8:36 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Perhaps another definition of ex. Have you read about my soap opera life lately greg - I'd be interested to hear your input on it. (Even if it was just "no comment sistah, no comment.) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites