Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Sequels. The same shit twice/thrice over.

Call me a geek, a nerd, whatever you will. But when I see the trailer for the xXx sequel, one thought and one thought alone crosses my mind: is that (xXx)^2, or just xx.x^2? What is it with movie makers and retarded sequel names - Ocean's Twelve? Die Harder? Analyse That? (ok, I kinda like the last one). Arb fact: when the movie about King Richard the Third (of England) came out, producers decided to change the name from Richard III to just Richard, in case American moviegoers would avoid it, thinking they had missed out on the first two movies, Richard I and Richard II. No comment, for politeness' sake, about American moviegoers. This is all indisputable evidence that movie makers rely so much on the hype created by their first movie to draw audiences back for the sequel - or these days, sequels), that they don't need to bother making a good film - viewers will only complain after they've paid for the ticket, which is all the producers really give a shit about. (Exhibit A - The Matrix trilogy. Need I say more?) Speaking of movies, I'm excited that a South African movie has finally blipped on the global radar, I'm just sorry it had to be made in the bogwaters of Benoni. And I'm sorry the crazy monkeys decided to give Danny K any screen time. WTF? Unless they rag the crap out of him, that is, then it's A-ok with me (and the rest of the country, even his parents, believe me). On to smaller screens: totally mortified that I'm gonna miss strip/fuck tonight, but all for a bloody good reason: Defending the Caveman! And how's this for weird coincindence? Was out to pub lunch at a snotty venue on Sunday, who was sitting at the table next to us? Tim Plewman, of Defending the Caveman fame, of course! Naturally, I need to believe this is more an act of fate than random occurrence, but even I'm having trouble swallowing that one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites