Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Die evil song, die!

Got that stoopid awful gwen/eve ditty in my head - what scares me is that, not only has the song been remade a number of times (can't be bothered to check out the number), but that this remake has made it to NUMBER 1 IN THE WORLD. what. the. fuck. is. the. world. thinking? And now, it won't leave my head. it's positively bouncing off the walls of my hollow skull, and i think it gave me the blurry spotty vision problem i'm experiencing right now.

so - isn't it terrifying that people vote songs into fame and success purely by the current - and usually fleeting - popularity of the singers (note, i shy away from the too-loosely used term 'musicians') without ever considering the quality of the music they're producing? think about it: when was the last time that u2 released a single that wasn't successful on the charts? when last did they produce a song that was actually original and truly downright deserving of being in the top 10 on the planet?

don't get me wrong, i'm a huge gwen fan, but unlike every other human being on this planet, it seems i'm still able to crit her songs objectively, putting my admiration for her aside, and realising that she made one colossal muzaq booboo on this one.

Better luck next time, gwen, and ta for the migraine. no, really. i'm enjoying the pink-and-purple paisley thing streaking past my eyeballs.

1 Comments:

At 3:17 pm, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

You have SO got a point. Love her style, love her most of the time, but This. Is. Too. Much.

I miss your blog. Glad to see you're back Pimp.

I miss you too, not just your cyberself, but your actual self.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites