Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Friday, July 22, 2005

I sure know how to pick ‘em, don’t I?

My upcoming holiday – yes, the one I postponed since December last year – has been marred by a few events beyond my control…

Event 1 – crazy fucked-up dudes blow themselves up in London, trying to prove a point or something. The point it no doubt managed to prove is that the Brits should be a bit more xenophobic, perhaps to the extreme of not letting in South African tourists en route to Canada.

Event 2 – SAA strikes at Joburg International, which might extend to other airlines: -

“Eish, Sipho, why are you not working today? And what are you toytoying for?”

“Hawu, Beauty, come join us – we’re striking for higher wages. Don’t you think Virgin Airlines wekkers should get more money too?”

Event 3 – I have the flu. Got it baaaaaad. Should be at home feeling sorry for myself, instead I’m in Pretoria at 6:45am feeling sorry for myself. What if this little virus decided to get some friends in – “I’m a little lonely, why don’t I host a bronchitis/pneumonia par-tay down here?!)

Event 4 – more crazy fucked up dudes try to blow themselves up in London, but haven’t learnt the basics of wiring bombs. What if the UK authorities thought “hmmm… if we close off all access to England, people can’t get in, but more importantly, those bomb fuckers can’t get out – that would help with our manhunt, wouldn’t it?”

Given my car luck, I wouldn’t put it past the forces of nature to conspire to bring about the worst case scenario in all the above-mentioned events, in which case, I might just go apeshit and bomb a few public places myself…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites