Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Hello 2006!

So, here we are on the third day of 2006. The weather is just screaming "Stay in bed with a great book and a solid stream of good cuppas flowing!" but here I am, in the office, using company time and resources to write this. Well, my holiday was largely uneventful and relaxed - which was precisely what I needed - and I managed to work the Worst Tan Lines Ever into the slightly more redeeming Most Tan Lines Ever. We came up to Joburg one day earlier - on the 31st, to celebrate the New Year with our good friends up here, which was a rather grand idea indeed. I chuckled while the Gilb's friend worked up the courage to ask dear Jen-Jen on a date, gossiped with the doctors from Cape Town (en route to Mpumalanga for their community service year), then unwisely took the strongest acid of my life with the Gilb's best friend, and spent a morose few hours cornered in his company. Oh well. Things started looked up during the daylight hours of the 1st Jan, when we eventually got around to cooking the lunch I had promised to hold for the good peeps in Joburg, and I finally quaffed on the Moet & Chandon bottle I was given as a promotion gift. I am wearing the metal cork cage thingy from the bottle as a ring today, which was ever so expertly fashioned into the ring by Jen-Jen (thanks babe!)

Resolutions for the New Year: I have none clearly defined, really. But I am happy to report that I am in a far better state of mind than I was for the whole last quarter of 2005. I realised that you can't always run from things when they get tough, sometimes you have to put in the effort to work on them, especially when they're as important to you as this is to me. So here's to a peaceful, fulfilled 2006 - that's what I'm after.

Hope you all had smashing Christmases and New Year's parties yourselves... I expect calls and emails from all of you detailing the goings-on of the past few weeks.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Happy happy! A peaceful 2006 would be just what the doctor ordered. Here's to that dollface! :)

 
At 3:25 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Cheers! Although, peaceful doesn't mean boring, so there's always room for some mischief, eh?

 
At 9:29 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

You know that whole "I just want a boring life" thing I went on about last year? (With due reason, I digress). I don't think boring would be half bad. Boring means:
1) No chaotic love-triangles and/or love hexagons
2) No illicit affairs
3) No tax or bureaucracy problems
4) No messy break-ups

I think boring may suit ;)

But if boring doesn't include:
1) Hot steamy sex with Small Bum and/or OBH
2) Hot steamy sex period
then bring on chaotic! :)

PS: I need to get laid.

 
At 11:31 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

ps: I know. So hurry on and do it. For all of our sakes.

 
At 2:14 pm, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Cheeky! Hold me back! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites