Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Cough! Sputter! Sniff! And ouch!

I am sick, my dose is blocked, add I feel very sorry for byself. sdiffle! On top of which, every muscle in my decidedly unmuscular body is aching from the pain of clinging to rocks about 20m above the ground. yep, my friend roped me into rock climbing. got half-way up the third wall when my forearm muscles froze in pain and would take me no further. Now, being the proud peacock that I am, I would normally live through the pain to at least make it to the top of that wall, if not the next. But yesterday, I couldn't scale that wall. I had to swallow my considerable pride (nearly choked on it) and lean back on the rope so my friend could lower me to safety a paltry 20m below. I blame it on my cold. Seriously, I was feeling a bit weak at the start. Not buying it? You cunts! So anyway, I consoled myself afterwards by drowning in beer, Corenza C and Horlicks - nature's best combo. Oh, and I got a stamp from the Pollsmoor Prison (excuse me, Correctional Facility) yesterday on my arm, which I stupidly washed off before I got to take a photo as evidence. So now you'll never know how hardcore I was going there yesterday (what I would omit to tell you, is that it was just for a photo exhibition. But, they didn't search me, so you'll never know if I had been carrying a gun/panga/sharp nail file, will you? I could've done stuff - I could've unleashed SA's most dangerous prisoners, but I don't even get a word of thanks for sparing the country from 4000-odd crazy people wired on tik and mandrax. Sheesh.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites