Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Shame, family and a hot tub

God, rereading yesterday's blog and cringing at the melodrama of it all. In keeping with my blog integrity, I'll not delete it, and rather keep it as a reminder of the soppy depths I can descend to. So, Timmy's wrapped up to go, one relationship's serving with a dose of knraut on the side. Get over it, Lauren, it's his choice, his right, and you're buggering off to Joburg before you have to see it getting real down and dirty.

The drama (which played itself out late on Sunday, anyway) made me forget that for the rest of the weekend, I was entertaining Mom and the sis. Yip, they lugged their lean asses (don't get me started on their eating habits - y'all know how I feel about a good sauce-dripping-calorie-ridden piece of chunky meat, preferably duck) down here to see me. So, in between the frantic shopping frenzy they had secretly planned between them (goddamnit, what the hell do you want to do going to three shopping centres in two days?), I managed to drag them to Buena Vista Social Club, the beach, Kirstenbosch, Hout Bay and Tank. And, because quite frankly I fell very little connection to any family member, I was graced with some respite from them on Saturday night, and ducked to visit my peeps at a larny Camp's Bay house a friend's housesitting at.

Had to scale the friggin' wall cos the friggin' friends were screeching at the top of their voices on the other side of the house and couldn't hear my hooting, phonecalls and loud shouting - was expecting a bazooka-wielding guard to pounce on me, but surprisingly entered the property unhindered.

The jacuzzi had been fixed, unbeknown to me, so commoner that I am, I joined the cozzie-clad bunch in my undies, while another sullen-faced un-cozzied person sat by watching us wistfully in the tub. Two gays (one in the closet, one undecided) were making passes at each other, Timmy and his lass-to-be were rubbing up way too close for my liking, the rest of us quaffed vino and southern comfort. Nothing remains of the evening except a sniffle, and the rash of chaffing wet underwear on my skin. Oh, and the promise of similar antics sometime this weekend. Bring it on!

3 Comments:

At 3:14 pm, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Oh dude. You're coming back this weekend aren't you? And not a moment too soon. It sounds like we need to console each other in copious amounts of tequila and good times. Don't feel shame about Tim, it happens to the best of us. Let him be, and watch, he'll miss you like mad.

Also, to make you feel better about the jacuzzi situation: I was in one naked in December surrounded by drunk boys. So I am common and slutty. See? I know you feel better. (Although I rather like being a Com Slut. )

 
At 11:12 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Babe, there's nothing wrong with being common, or a slut, or both. I've always said I was the white trash of Bryanston, after all. The girl is named Lindi - she's selfish, a kugel, and way jealous of Timmy and my friendship. Yip, drinks definitely in order - I come up first weekend of June!

 
At 1:15 pm, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Oh god, so excited, so excited. Steve's in America again from the weekend, so let;s go hugely big xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites