Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Yesterday I lost my best friend. Not to disease, emigration or an unresolved feud, but to the more insidious evil of a girlfriend who hates my guts. It is enough to put me off having good friendships with guys ever again – the list of male mates I’ve lost due to girls grows steadily. Yes, Timmy and I will speak, and yes, we might go out for the occasional drink unsupervised by said girlfriend, but no, the overriding knowledge of her arch disapproval of our close friendship will not be overcome. I can’t write anymore, the tears are welling up as I write this under the leering glare of my colleagues. Bye Timmy. I love you.

3 Comments:

At 3:10 pm, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

OK OK hold on missy. Explain this. Who is this freaky woman and what right does she have? And does Tim know how you feel??

 
At 1:48 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

A few points:

- I had no choice but to veto it (can't lose my best friend over a girl, can i?)
- I'm actually happy he's seeing someone and getting a huge ego boost (just wish it could be you, Nan - someone a lot more like Timmy)
- I hope she doesn't become the whiny stereotypical helpless girl she was last time they were going out - no nookie is worth that torture
- You need to give me ALL the gossip about that date last night, girl!

 
At 5:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three days before hand I sent him an email telling him, nay, instructing him not to do it because, quite simply, she's not good enough. Unbelievable.

A whole new city, 80% of the men there are gay so the women are practically begging, and he still lands up with Lindiwe. Christ.

Well, let's hope it works out for him and he gets a huge ego boost and realises just how much better he is than her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites