Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Get me to the church on time.

Sorry about the pics from the last post, folks. My dealings with Blogger are not as smooth as the user-interface interaction should be (hell, I don't understand what I just wrote).

In the whole flurry of the genitalia, I forgot to tell y'all that, in the spirit of the New Year (and because I really really want an invite), I had coffee with a long-lost friend I used to refer to (never in her presence, naturally), as "Ghohppptttt!" (my esteemed colleagues all agree that this is how a spitting noise is spelt in English). Ghohppptttt! was just as she used to be, all friendly and pretty-in-pink, but has acquired the glow of one who has succumbed to the pleasures of carnal sin (being highly religious, it took her a while, but she assures me they only "did it" a few months after her fiance' proposed to her). She's got one mother of a bling ring on her finger, and the wedding is going to cost R160,000 - so you all see how vital it is that I'm invited to this function! I didn't crack the nod yet (quite astounding with the rather obvious way I was trying to lead the conversation in that direction), but I've got four months to work on it.

On an entirely different note, my intellect has fallen to new lows (when will it stop?). Last night, I went to dinner at a friend's house, on the same road as Old Ed's. I got there, in the dark, without thinking twice about finding his house. This morning, I managed to convince myself of the great need to go gym, and after pre-packing breakfast for after the workout, lunch, toiletries and work clothes, I proceeded - as one will - to drive to the Old Ed's gym, which most reasonable people will assume I would have found as easily as I did my friend's house the night before. Not so. After driving down 11th Street twice, I'm convinced the gremlins came and quietly packed up 4th Street, with the gym, my friend's house and all the other paraphernalia, and took it away. So, I returned to our flat, fuming, did 60 situps in lieu of the gym, with the intention of going to a permanent no-moves guaranteed gym later tonight. Hold your thumbs.

5 Comments:

At 2:12 pm, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Honey you are a riot. I double checked to see whether 4th Street was there on my way to work this morning, and there it was...like a sharp slp in the face that couldn't possibly be avoided. The sharp slap came through the medium of the gigantic billboard on the corner of this street that pictures a woman in a swimming cap that says 'Old Eds...500m.
But even so, its not just you. Everytime I go to Sandton City (and have perhaps been there no less than 50 times in 3 years unfortunately), I still get lost in that place. It's like a fucking labyrinthe in there. I once spent almost 2 hours looking for my vehicle on the roof. And don't ask me where the Woolworths is or whatever, cos I really couldn't tell you. :)

 
At 3:34 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Was too scared to venture out in search of this alleged Old Ed's Virgin this morning, lest it result in the same futile trip. Have been looking at pictures of circumcised and uncircumcised penises all day long, with the result that I'm now extremely horny (more from the text accompanying the penis pics than from the pics themselves), and have just laid a booty call with The Gilb. Hehe.

 
At 8:55 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Bootie calls, gotta love them. Can't wait to start making some of those too....

PS: I need to get LAID.

 
At 10:05 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

ps: please get laid. how long till the self-imposed chastity belt comes off? Oh, and Jen called me this morning to say she was driving behind you on the way to work, she saw Dave and thinks he's mega-cute! So everyone agrees what a catch he is...

 
At 11:37 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Shut up, are you serious?? That is halarious, cos I was dropping him off on the way. And I remember we kissed at the robot, and I remember thinking "I wonder if I know anyone in the traffic?"

Sigh....:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites