Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Bye-bye baby

After many teary-eyed mornings, and I’ll admit, some insane clinging to the Gilb on his last official morning in Jozi this Sunday, I let go – both literally and figuratively - and accepted that the Gilb has to begin his career and if that means taking a great opportunity in some little voetsek-sized town called Secunda (still haven’t looked on the map to see exactly where it is, though I’ve driven through twice as a young ‘un) then that is what he has to do.

I haven’t committed to any path of action regarding us yet, but will take things as they come. If we were meant to be together, then it’ll work out that way in the end, right? Even if our semi-long distance relationship becomes truly long distance and I move to Europe or Thailand next year. So.

My interactive love life will take an immediate dive (but then that’s why God invented vibrators, no?), but the Gilb will be there emotionally over the phone, and in all the other accustomed ways on most weekends.

I guess I’m being remarkably childish about the whole thing – a lass can hardly expect to get everything she wants, especially if she’s relying on that delivery from a man…

To cheer myself up, here’s a pic of my favourite lady crush: the delectable Scarlett Johansson, in that spectacular red gown…


7 Comments:

At 9:52 pm, Blogger ATW said...

Scene 1:Dorothy must first bid tearful farewells to her friends one last time: "It's gonna be so hard to say goodbye. I love you all too."

She kisses the Tin Woodsman, who sadly remarks as tears threaten to rust his tin: "Now I know I've got a heart, because it's breaking."

She also turns to the Cowardly Lion, kisses him, and remembers his pre-courage fear: "I'm gonna miss the way you used to holler for help before you found your courage." Trying to remain strong, he thanks Dorothy for helping him: "I would never have found it if it hadn't been for you."

She hugs and kisses the Scarecrow and whispers: "I think I'll miss you most of all." She reserves a special place in her heart for him.

Then close your eyes and tap your heels together three times. And think to yourself, 'There's no place like home'. So Dorothy clicks her heels together three times and repeats the magic phrase that takes her home: "There's no place like home...There's no place like home..."


Scene 2:Bob Harris changes his mind about his stoic farewell to Charlotte in the hotel lobby and runs after her on a crowded downtown Tokyo street. He grabs her and whispers in her ear. Does he say he loves her? Does he give her fatherly advice? Does he plan to continue the relationship? We’ll never know.

Now those are farewell scenes but in your case, take the N3 South until you reach the N17 toll road to Springs. Pass through the two tollgates and follow the N17 past Springs until it reaches a T-junction. At the T-junction, turn left towards Leandra (signboard: Leandra left, Standerton right). Travel for 3km through two 4-way stops, over a railway bridge until you reach the third 4-way stop (signboard: Kinross right, Springs left). Turn right and go through Leandra for a distance of 18km until you reach Kinross. At the first 4-way stop in Kinross, turn right towards Balfour (signboard: Balfour R547 right, Kriel R547 left). Travel straight on the R547 (road becomes R546 after 1km) for 12km. Turn left at the 4-way stop towards Secunda. Stop 5 or 6 km down at the Gilb.

Chin up my fair friend. It’s a change, and perhaps one timed to figure out all your feelings, but not the end.

PS great pic.

 
At 9:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sterkte, liefling.

And, ew.

 
At 8:26 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Oh my little cupcake, I do feel for you, it is not easy.
Which means I'll be dragging you to every social occasion possible, heels kicking, keeping you well-shopped, well-wined up, well-surrounded by uber males, and mostly well-busy so that the time between Secunda and Joburg flies by quickly.
You're coping with this well so far my dear, trust me. xxx

 
At 12:01 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

ATW - thanks for the directions! I hope the Scarlett pic is suitable payment for your troubles! :)

Greg - thanks, but how dare you diss Scarlett! She is... luminous.

Peas - oh my! I foresee many drunken embarrassments ahead! Bring it!

 
At 12:24 pm, Blogger Billy said...

Sorry to hear that babe, you do seem ok if the post is anything to go by. Hold on, things always get better.

Incredible picture of Scarlett. Drooling on keys.....

 
At 2:40 pm, Blogger Antoine said...

Time for a webcam and Yahoo. *chuckle*

Makes those "long distance" relationships a whole lot more bearable

 
At 4:11 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

naughty, naughty Antoine! But, a really good idea...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites