Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Thought for the day

It dawned on me yesterday that, with the advent of personalised number plates in SA, cunning marketers have found another way to advertise their (usually tacky) products. The enlightenment came as a Mercedes SLK crawled past me in a traffic jam, emblazoned with ‘FTV Café’ on its plates. In the past I have seen ‘Teazers’ (along with stickers of naked women on his Lamborghini’s lights – what the hell was the dick thinking?), and ‘Danny K’ and ‘Felicia’ – brands of the human kind are not immune, it would seem.

The second thought that has crossed my mind in the past 24 hours, is that my broken toe will prevent me from wearing anything remotely resembling a decent shoe for the next few weeks. Trying to dress up smart for a tender presentation this morning, I smashed three Myprodols in my face, but still could not put the stubborn left foot into a heeled shoe. And what am I to do about my swish cocktail function on Thursday, or the ball on Saturday? Walk around with the lesser mortals in slip slops?! Nooooooooooooo…..

4 Comments:

At 9:00 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Hello angel pie.
I'm sure if we go through the throngs of shoes in my vupboard we can find you something functional and comfortable as well as sterlingly beautiful to adorn your feet with during this trying time. x

 
At 5:36 pm, Blogger Billy said...

If that doesnt work wear slops, torn jeans and a Von Dutch t-shirt and say you are from Cape Town.

 
At 8:55 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Billy - you are a funny muthafucka. Halarious, and so true.

C'mon Ant I dare you!

 
At 11:46 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

sorry to disappoint you both, i'm wearing black wide-legged pants, a black halter-neck (de rigeur black uniform for the jewellery models) and... flat sandals. Whatever. Dynamite comes in short packages, does it not?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites