Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Hell’s angel




Yip, that’s me on the back of a bike for the first time in my life… crazy colleague R (an outlier on the graph showing typical actuary personality) owns a racing bike, which he’s trading in after a rather bad accident for a respectable four-wheeled vehicle, but offered to take any willing colleague for a quick spin down the M1 before that (and yes, quite literally, a quick spin).

He committed at least three driving crimes on our five-minute journey:

1 – breaking the 60 km/h speed limit, by hurtling at 200km/h down a 300-metre stretch of road in Parktown.

2 – breaking the 120 km/h speed limit, by hurtling down a short strip of the M1 – all driven in the yellow lane of course, to dodge the pedantic law-abiding drivers in their slow cars – also at 200 km/h.

3 – by cutting across a car a hair’s breadth away while gooi-ing a U-ey on Oxford Road. His response to my outcry was “drivers don’t mind that”. Um, ja.

But I did obey my boyfriend, who last night on the phone said, “please don’t scream like a girl” and “lean into the curves with him”. The whole journey was indeed taken in my stride…

Happy weekend, y’all!

3 Comments:

At 8:59 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Brilliant babe!

You look completely hot on the back of a bike as well, btw. ;)

Cruising at 200 km/h AND you took a photo?? While screaming? That's multi-tasking if I've ever seen it! :)

 
At 1:24 pm, Blogger Billy said...

Thats mental; 200km/h in a 60 zone????
I would have shat myself!

 
At 4:20 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Rishan *blush*. It looks helluva big, methinks (but that's just the photo, I say).

Billy - hello there! I almost did, the only thing that saved me was my need to preserve my dignity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites