Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Forza Azzurri!

Wow. I think the entire world’s population was collectively stunned during the last minute of extra time in that game…

With all their antics – diving and rolling and grimacing – the Italians got through the impenetrable German psyche and unnerved them, and literally not a moment too soon.

I’m not going to say much more, after all, what is there to say? Had the game gone to penalty shootout, the victory was theirs. The reason the Azzurri won is the same one that sees the humans defeat the Borg from time to time…

Anyhow, I’m now breaking with my rule of never proclaiming that my team will win the Cup – to hell with that, Forza Italia! Avanti Azzurri! (And pretty please bring on cutie-pie Alessandro del Piero for the whole game, too!)

4 Comments:

At 9:26 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Honey - fireworks in our house Sunday! The Frogs and the Ities neck and neck!

Remember our deal: frogs win, I want a risotto con funghi; you win, I'll make you my Va va voom saumon.

Bring it on!

 
At 10:28 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

You're so on, baby! Taking you down - you'd better get your grocery shopping in before the weekend, then :)

 
At 2:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered how you gals would fare during this time. Nice to see a little civility.

Our resident 'Frog' has painted his hair in the Tri-Color.

-E

 
At 10:21 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Erik! Last night the civility went down the toilet... there was rude gesturing and swearing across the table - thankfully our more neutral friends were able to keep us apart!

I am looking keenly forward to my salmon va-va-voom surprise tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites