Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Monday, February 19, 2007

If I were…

a tea…

I’d be a lapsang souchong. You’d be in a restaurant, think “oooh! That sounds exotic” so you’d order it, take one sip, spit it out and go “shit, that’s disgusting! I can’t believe I just spent 15 bucks on this!”

a book…

I’d be Jonathan Franzen’s The Corrections – everyone loves a good read about dysfunctional American society. It’s beautifully written, too – I couldn’t ever be a kak book.

a piece of furniture…

Never a table (Peas would throw me out, see)! I’d be an antique crotchety grandfather clock – the type all visitors admire, but the owners secretly despise, because they keep having to wind it up, and it keeps going off every hour, on the hour, which would exasperate them when it woke them up at 4am with their bad hangovers.

a famous person…

Definitely Winston Churchill, but less because he was a brilliant statesman, and more because he was incredibly witty, and could spell and punctuate with the best of them.

(disturbed geniuses are also appealing – Mozart, Newton, Turner, D.H. Lawrence – any of these types would suffice, too)

a sex position…

I’d be something simple and practical bringing pleasure to all parties concerned, yet not so conventional as to be dismissed as “routine”. So probably sex up against a wall or doorframe. Horny, urgent, forcefully thrusting sex. Oh yes. Oh. Yes.

an element from the periodic table of elements…

Well, this one’s a toss up, because on the one hand, I could be an electron slut like fluorine, yet on the other, I could be praseodymium so everyone would be all “huh? Never heard of that one before, lemme go look it up”. Educating the masses, you see.

an element of the other type…

I’d be wind. It howls destructively, dancing a vicious tango with trees and rooftops; it provides soothing relief to hot, salty skin; it delights pleasure-seekers flying kites, kite-surfing, or parasailing; it plays a part dispersing life by carrying plants’ seeds to new ground. I’d just rather not be the wind emanating from anyone’s ass.


a colour…

What’s that terrible muddy-brown-shit colour that no-one likes? Well, I wouldn’t be that – I’d be a tranquil, calming shade of green. A sort of avocado-meets-mint-cross-breeding-with-snow kind of green.



a cartoon character…

I’d be Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls. She’s totally me, in animation form.


a natural landform…

I’d be something vast and breathtaking, set in a stark landscape. Probably a monolithic glacier at the ice-caps, or perhaps a dune – you get to travel around a bit.

a pizza…

I’d be pizza alla formica (this would be a bit of a misnomer as nothing would look ant-like on it, but hey, it needs a name, right?) with the following toppings: pesto, artichokes (freshly grilled, of course), rocket, chunky wedges of smoked salami and parmesan shavings. You could only order it with a thin base, and you’d never, ever be allowed to order pineapple as an extra topping. Pineapple does not belong on a pizza, infidels.

a South African wine…

Oh mama! What a difficult choice! Can I alternate from one month to the next? Like be a Meinert merlot one month, a Springfield Wholeberry Cabernet the next, an Avondale Shiraz thereafter? Please? Just never anything from Spier. Ever.

14 Comments:

At 10:06 am, Blogger ChewTheCud said...

how bout if you were a song?

i'm not gonna agree on any of the things, but i'm not disagreeing either ;P

 
At 10:42 am, Blogger Urk said...

good. nothing from spier. that would make you a cheap publicity hoax.

 
At 10:57 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Chewwie - probably Third Eye Blind's "Semi-Charmed Life" or NIN's "Perfect Drug" or LL Cool J's "Something like a Phenomenon" or... the list goes on.

Urk - not to say I wouldn't want to be a cheap publicity hoax, but... just never Spier. Yeuch!

 
At 11:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather be hammer than a nail. If I could. If I could, I surely would.

 
At 12:10 pm, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Kyk, I'd rather be Simon than Garfunkel.

 
At 3:22 pm, Blogger ChewTheCud said...

i'd rather be bob or jimi ;)

 
At 4:08 pm, Blogger Urk said...

id rather be senti than mental

 
At 6:31 pm, Blogger sdfa sdfasdfadsf said...

Ant... I'm going to buy some Spier wine next week just for you! :)

kiiidddiiinggg...

I bought a bottle of Neethlingshof Cabernet Sauvignon yesterday. I'm simply waiting to consume it :)

But next week... much wine will be had by all!

 
At 9:17 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Chewwie - what's wrong with Marc Anthony or Ricky Martin? ;)

Urk - wise words, those

Kev - oy. vey. you can drink the Spier from our pavement, we'll be drinking the Neethlingshof inside! Got a Diemersfontein pinotage this weekend with much quaffing anticipated too!

 
At 9:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your landform... vast and breathtaking, set in a stark landscape. Probably a monolithic glacier at the ice-caps...

and your colour... a tranquil, calming shade of green. A sort of avocado-meets-mint-cross-breeding-with-snow kind of green.

Sex position? Nothing like a good bonk around the kitchen - up against the freezer , finishingfrom behind over the kitchen sink. Oi yoi yoi!

What the hell is praseodymium???

 
At 10:05 pm, Blogger KaB said...

I like this...I've been wanting to do something similar on my blog but just have had other kak to talk about!

Wouldn't it be cool if something like this networked across the blogosphere & we saw people's different responses. It's interesting cos it's creative & thinking quite out of the box...well I think so!

Nice post Ant!

 
At 9:53 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Inyoka - I'm with you on that one. But then there are so many pleasing positions, aren't there?

Praeseodymium is element 59 of the periodic table - a very soft metal, apparently used to give yellow coloration to gases and in arc lightning.

Kab - well, great, then i tag you first! Go on, give us your answers...

 
At 11:56 pm, Blogger DaveRich said...

Hmm, nice wines. They are all on my winelist, including the Spier, which is the only wine that I can drink as much of as my hangover can handle the next day. Oooish. Awesome blog you, have a link

 
At 9:16 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Hello there, DaveRich - I will overlook such blasphemy and be glad you knock wine back as much as I do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites