Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Putting your nuts in a safe place

I wrote a post for today, but ugh. I looked over it this morning and realised it’s a self-indulgent woe-is-me rant.

I guess I realise now that I’m suffering from a mild bout of depression, which has probably been the case for around four months.

Suffice to say I feel… displaced. And perhaps misplaced, and even replaced. I just wish this awful feeling would go away.

One thing that did make me smile this week was this logo. At first I looked at it and thought, what the hell qualities does a rodent have that embodies any of the qualities a society for financial services would want to advertise to the world? Then I looked a little closer and realised it was a squirrel, and suddenly the logo was a lot cleverer. Cute little things, those.


6 Comments:

At 10:50 am, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Perche, Ant?

Fess up. Why you feeling misplaced/replaced/deplaced?

 
At 1:09 pm, Blogger ChewTheCud said...

Depression? Revo has some advice for ya ;P

 
At 2:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squirrels? Fuckin' tree rats! Opportunistic, rabid little bastards... oh wait, the logo suddenly makes sense to me, too.

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger Revolving Credit said...

Ant, here's a present for you to make you feel better.

 
At 9:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeez Rev...cute present... but maybe Ant needs something more...comforting?

Ant? all ok? tell all, or don't...just come hang out a bit and maybe we can fix things?

 
At 11:03 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Bleh. I knew I'd regret posting this, there's not much anyone can do to make you feel better. Still, I appreciate the attempts.

Rev, hysterical. You've got a piccie for every damn thing!

Kyk - I forgot! Not all squirrels are as bad as the rabid vermin on Adderley street! (in my mind, they're cute little devils that find nuts in the forest. very much not the CT kind...) Oh, and as for your comment on my last post, the Gilb was relieved that someone agreed with him that this game is more stressful than pleasant, in men's opinions, anyway.

HPF - thanks sweetie. Perhaps when the crazy pressure of the wedding is over :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites