Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Week 2 as a 25-year old: downhill from here

I’m definitely changing my hair back to its traditional blue-black colour. My first weekend as a blonde saw me in losing my memory in the wee hours of my party celebration, and having a 2-hour argument over some political crap that I as a white person probably have no right to comment on.

The second blonde weekend saw me repeat the first, except this time at a fellow Virgoan’s party, minus my clothes, plus a jacuzzi, a second cigar and one boyfriend to watch my shameful antics. Picture me (or rather, try not to), naked in a tub with about 8 people, kissing some strange character while the Gilb was an onlooker. “Are you fucking out of your mind?” you’re all saying. Well, clearly. I don’t even remember doing it, is the scary thing. When my boyfriend left that evening, he gave me the rather obscure instruction to watch out for myself, and left a similar instruction with my Virgo pal. I was mystified, and assumed only that he didn’t want me to show my ‘nads off to the world.

Of course, in retrospect, it all makes sense – the very moment the Gilb departed, some unknown hands start giving me a back massage – from somewhere in the tub. After more drinking and tomfoolery, everyone except me and the dude leave the tub. He hits on me, I try to take things back to a conversational space, fail, and eventually get out the tub and drive home in a shockingly drunk state because I don’t want to spend the night in the same house as that creep.

I awake the next morning thinking, I’m lucky I have the great, noble boyfriend I do, and am not stuck with someone like that. After taking a shower, I was totally shocked to see the boyf had sent me an SMS saying “We need to talk.”

I don’t want to go into the gory details of “the talk”, but suffice to say there is something utterly soul-shattering in seeing an honest, caring, gentle and humble man crying at the hands of your selfish, indulgent recklessness. I know I never want to cause that misery again, and that I am lucky to be given the chance to prove myself. The Gilb - though you won’t read this, I am so totally sorry for my behaviour. I had no idea of what I was doing, and promise never to put myself in that situation again. Thank you so much for forgiving me, I don’t know what I’d do if you’d decided to dump my sorry ass….

1 Comments:

At 5:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren. I haven't seen you for years now, surfed over from Greg's site... Nice Blog! You're a natural - Clear thinking, a refreshing view of life and SA, lots of good ideas and no fear of thinking one up when you feel like posting.

What ever did you do before you had this outlet ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites