Third World Ant

The thoughts of a little ant on a big planet.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The vagina is cold and dry

I’m probably going to get this story a little wrong, so Timmy (the doctor who developed this diagnosis), feel free to correct me.

As one of the intern doctors at the Barberton hospital last year, Timmy came to notice that whenever a female patient was admitted and a nurse had seen her first, no matter what her complaint was (headache, stomach cramps, coughing up blood etc) they would always write on her hospital form thingy (I can’t think of the technical name right now) “the vagina is warm and moist”.

Timmy found this extremely bizarre, and complained to everyone (except the offending nurses, of course) that this was an idiotic thing to report. “Only tell me if the vagina is cold and dry, then she has a problem!!!”

Of course, the joke did not stop there. Timmy decided that if a patient’s vagina was cold and dry and he was trying to revive her by “going at it hammer and tongs” (you have to do it by going at it hammer and tongs, he tells me) but the vagina remained cold and dry, then she was either dead or a lesbian. In fact, they now callously use the phrase “the vagina is cold and dry” to say a patient (male/female) is dead. As in “how was your call last night, Timmy?” “Oh, I had two cold and dry vaginas”.

Oh, our kind-hearted and sensitive doctors, eh? God bless ‘em.

11 Comments:

At 11:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer to keep medical staff rather far from my vagina, thanks. cold and dry...could it also be from lack of use???

 
At 9:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaargh! Well I guess as a Dr, you have to find some way of distinguishing one patient from another.

 
At 9:29 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Insane - I'm with you there! (regrettably, that's rather hard to accomplish with a gynae, isn't it?)

Jam - I'm always mildly horrified with the apparent disdain they show for patients - I guess the saying 'familiarity breeds contempt' applies.

 
At 11:28 pm, Blogger Revolving Credit said...

Ergo, they use a warm lubricant to revive patients?

 
At 8:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody likes a cold vagina!

To be honest, when I first read the title I thought your boyfriend went on holiday without you and you were kinda.. err... missing him ;)

 
At 10:20 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

Rev - but of course!

Kev - hehe, I think I've had the exact opposite 'problem' this holiday, thank you very much :)

 
At 1:58 pm, Blogger ChewTheCud said...

mmmmm - the best part about eating vagina - cold vagina sandwiches the next day. Maybe with some mayonnaise on rye...

 
At 9:33 pm, Blogger ChewTheCud said...

no wait - thats chicken.... hmmmm... 101 uses for a cold vagina...

 
At 10:04 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

chewwie - "next on sick sad world" (ever watched Daria on MTV?)

 
At 10:57 am, Blogger ChewTheCud said...

LOL - i don't watch tv anymore ant - its an opiate for the masses.

 
At 11:42 am, Blogger Third World Ant said...

I am the masses, and i need my drugs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

South Africa's Top Sites